What's new in MountainsMap?
Main features included in the MountainsMap® 7.4 update
Released January 2017
Get the very latest MountainsMap®!
Keeping your MountainsMap® software up-to-date will ensure you have all the latest features and bug fixes as well as improving the overall security of your computer.
Update your version online with the latest release corresponding to your main version (7, 6 or 5).
If you are using MountainsMap® 6 or an earlier version, please contact us directly to talk about an update.
New features for all users
Improved zoom feature
Zoom in on your data using the mouse wheel or by drawing a rectangular selection when working with surfaces, profiles, images etc.
3D views just got even better
MountainsMap® real-time 3D imaging feature has now been extended to new types of datasets: series of surfaces, series of profiles, hypercubes and more.
Advanced options for 3D printing
Export 3D models in 3MF format (including color and texture management) and print them directly in 3D!
- Use numerical results as input in operators: speed up analysis by defining a result contained in the document to be used as an input value.
- Improved navigation in the analysis workflow.
- More options for co-localization: correct perspective when superimposing surface/images.
- New parameters: Stdi, Rpk, Rvk etc.
- New file formats: to see full list, please visit www.digitalsurf.com/en/fileformats.html
What’s new for Surface Topography?
New method for leveling
Working with multi-plane surfaces? The new "Minimum zone" option for leveling makes eliminating slope quick and easy.
Holes/peaks: visualize and calculate volumes in just a few clicks
- Positions of holes and peaks are displayed immediately as 2 different colors
- Parameters are calculated instantaneously as you select the zone you wish to study
- New options for extracting profiles: extract an average profile or one that goes through the lowest or highest point of your surface.
- Get more out of your 3D views: display contour lines.
- Patching simplified: let MountainsMap® automatically find the best overlap.
- Optimized tools for stitching.
- New logarithmic mode for displaying Power Density Spectrum (PSD).
What’s new for Profile & Contour Analysis?
- Label elements in series of profiles: choose which profiles to display and use a key to identify each.
- Contour analysis: display and export points coordinates, create an index point starting from the end of a profile, access new options for displaying axis graduations etc.
What’s new for Scanning Electron Microscopy?
Take single SEM image reconstruction to the next level
- Innovative 3D reconstruction of single SEM images featuring multiple objects and balanced lighting conditions.
- New possibilities for image segmentation and further analysis (particle counting, characterization etc.)
- Enhanced quad image reconstruction operator: new options for Z- calibration
- Stereo reconstruction operator: now available on series of 2 images
What’s new for Spectral Analysis?
- Bands View: extract spectra from the Bands view study and export individual color images.
- Spectrum analysis: display Gaussian or Lorentzian equations.
- Easily visualize your data in different modes: strips view, stack view and normalized view.
Plus dozens of other productivity updates and feature enhancements...